Here’s the end of the year. Time for doing this meme.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? Pilates. Investigating for writing a new kind of articles.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t know if I kept my resolutions. All I know is that I’m leaving 2011 with more maturity.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? Switzerland, Great Britain, France, Italy, Czech Republic.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? Mutual love. And peace.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 10: the day my editor announced he was leaving my newsroom. My professional world felt apart.
July 14: The day I learned B. went on holiday in the South of France, in his property, with his (ex)-wife.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Managing to get a public speech thanks to my blog.
9. What was your biggest failure? Failing to forget about B.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A citrus press.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Silvio Berlusconi, for quitting for good politics.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Silvio Berlusconi, Nicolas Sarkozy, the whole interim Belgian government, politicians in general who just blame everything but are unable to come with a solution to solve this crisis.
14. Where did most of your money go? travels.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to the opera. The Prince concert too.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Viva Italia! And viva the protesters around the world!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Happier. Neither thinner nor fatter. Richer.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and my sister’s chihuahua. I offered to my sister a infrared thermometer and she spent the day taking my family temperature, including her and her dog. On our way back to home, she wanted to be tested for alcohol, but we didn’t see the police on the road. She only wanted to have her picture with an alcohol test.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.
24. What was the best book you read? Rien ne s’oppose à la nuit.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Joy Formidable
26. What did you want and get? A nice wedding for my sister.
27. What did you want and not get? I wanted to have B. back in my life.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Bridesmaids.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Finding the right man. But that would have been the cherry on top of my cake.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
32. What kept you sane? My friends and family.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? L. Zingales.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The debt crisis.
35. Who did you miss? my former editor.
36. Who was the best new person you met? M., my cousin’s girlfriend.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. If there’s a will, there’s a way.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of life and the seeds of change were planted
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life