Every year, I like to do this meme. But this time, with a tweak.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Going on holiday alone
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any resolution last year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting recognized as an expert in my field.
9. What was your biggest failure?
A friendship lost.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to New York.
14. What song/album will always remind you of 2012?
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. Happier or sadder? Happier.
2. Thinner or fatter? The same.
3. Richer or poorer? Richer.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveling, traveling, traveling.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
B. and my mom.
19. Did you fall in love in 2012?
20. What was your favourite TV programme?
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
22. What was the best book(s) you read?
Dormir avec ceux qu’on aime – Gilles Leroy
23. What did you want and get?
An iPad. Twice.
24. What did you want and not get?
My own apartment.
25. What were your favourite films of this year?
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Going out with friends.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A thing called love.
28. What kept you sane?
Friends and family.
29. What political issue stirred you the most?
The political fracture in my country.
30. Who did you miss?
B., my former editor, a friend of mine who moved abroad, all of the journalists I met in New York.
31. Who was the best new person you met?
32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Never force people to love you.
33. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?