1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? A speech in the House of Representatives of my country.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make any resolutions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes
5. What countries did you visit? Switzerland, Great Britain, France, Germany, South Korea, United States
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Peace.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 11: the day of my hearing at the House of Representatives.
June 2: the day when my little nephew was born.
October 13: when B. asked me to write a book with him.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My hearing at the House of Representatives.
9. What was your biggest failure? A documentary that never saw the light.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes.
11. What was the best thing you bought? shoes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? The Pope Francis
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? extremists of all kinds.
14. Where did most of your money go? travels.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My hearing. My book.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
You can call me Queen Bee 😉
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Happier. Neither thinner nor fatter. Richer.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.
24. What was the best book you read? The moment, by Douglas Kennedy
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? …
26. What did you want and get? A book with B.
27. What did you want and not get? A nice place to live.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Frances Ha
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Peace
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
32. What kept you sane? My friends and family.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? …
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The debt crisis.
35. Who did you miss? some of my friends
36. Who was the best new person you met? C.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. A sailor without destination cannot hope for a favorable wind.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
n a cold night
There will be no fair fight
There will be no good night
To turn and walk away
To burn me with fire,
Drown me with rain
I’m gonna wake up
Screaming your name
Yes I’m a sinner
Yes I’m a saint
Whatever happens here
Whatever happens here
Have a great 2014!