So, this year is almost at the end. Like all the years before, it’s my review of the year. Feel free to use the same questions.
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before? A book signing, at the biggest annual book fair in my country.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No, because I didn’t make resolutions this year. But I will do for the next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? Iceland, The Netherlands, France, Italy, Great Britain
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015? Mutual love
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 1: the day of my book signing
November 15: when my little princess was born.
November 18: I was the moderator of a debate where one of the speakers was too afraid to come because of the terrorist attacks in Paris the day before.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My book signing
9. What was your biggest failure? It’s not failure, but rejections hurt.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Chairs.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Emma Watson, for her speech at the even UN Women’s HeforShe campaign
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? extremists of all kinds.
14. Where did most of your money go? travels.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to Iceland. Seeing icebergs for the first time of my life. Expo Milano 2015
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Time – Pink Floyd (because of B.)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Sadder. Neither thinner nor fatter. Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being more able to defend myself against critics.
Accepting more invitations.
Seeing more exhibitions.
Going to lectures and the opera.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting home alone.
Spending time to wait for people who don’t give a damn about me.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2015?
Yes, with my little niece.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Yes
26. What did you want and get? A renewed friendship with a friend I lost.
27. What did you want and not get? A nice place to live. Publicity for my book. A real relationship.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Visiting the Expo Milano 2015
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Luck in love, for a change
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
It was black, black, black, as one of my coworkers complained. That’s ok, I like this color.
32. What kept you sane? My friends and family.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The rise of nationalism.
35. Who did you miss? some of my friends
36. Who was the best new person you met? X. A great, great, great and kind cook.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015. Ask questions, and listen.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
But I got a blank space baby
And I’ll write your name