So, this year is almost at its end. Like all the years before, it’s my review of the year. Feel free to use the same questions.
1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
A filmed interview, where I was one of the interviewers, in London.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes. Not more in 2017, but different resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.
5. What countries did you visit? Spain, The Netherlands, France, Italy, Great Britain, Hungary, Austria
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016? Peace
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 22: Horrible day for my country. Heartbreaking.
November 29: Placebo
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Gaining maturity
9. What was your biggest failure? It’s not failure, but rejections hurt.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Clothes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jennifer Aniston, and all the other Hollywood actresses who stood against misogyny.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? extremists of all kinds.
14. Where did most of your money go? travels.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Concerts!
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Dang – MacMiller & Anderson Paak
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Happier. Neither thinner nor fatter. Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being more able to defend myself against critics.
Accepting more invitations.
Seeing more exhibitions.
Going to lectures and the opera.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spending time to wait for people who don’t give a damn about me.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2016?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No
Presence- Amy Cuddy
26. What did you want and get? Recognition for my work
27. What did you want and not get? A relationship.
Paterson – Jim Jarmusch
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a car accident. No one was hurt, thankfully.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Luck in love
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Pop the colours…
32. What kept you sane? My friends and family.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The US elections.
35. Who did you miss? T., but I’ll move on.
36. Who was the best new person you met? S.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016. You can’t force people to love you.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Didn’t we have fun?
Don’t say it was all a waste